Monday, November 20, 2006

Update on "Jay" and a few new guys....

So, Jay called me a few times last week and sent me some emails telling me that he's thinking about me and he misses me. He's currently in North Carolina visiting some friends and it seems that he will be arriving in NY on Thanksgiving Day. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing him...I'm a little nervous, excited, and unsure about what will happen once I see him since it's been about a month or so. However, I'm less than thrilled about the fact that he couldn't make it before Thursday since I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner at 3pm so it presents somewhat of an inconvenience but we'll see what happens. I didn't go to LA for Thanksgiving because the airfare was way too expensive and also this weekend I'm going to be in a wedding on Long Island. It also looks like he will be spending some time in NY in January, though right now he’s worried that I won’t have any time to spend with him since I'm starting a new job next week!

Ahhhhhh, men! Can't live with them, can't live without them. This past weekend I was having a discussion with a few friends and I realize that relationships are difficult for me because I have such high expectations and I allow very little room for disappointment. I like for people to keep their word and be consistent and I don’t like flaky guys who don't hold up their end of the bargain. Although I'm ready to be in a committed relationship, it's virtually impossible to start off a relationship when it's long distance, esp. for me since I like to be able to access the person that I'm dealing with on a regular basis. I truly have no patience to sit idly by the phone waiting for a guy to call or checking email every 5 min to see if he sent me a message. It looks like when he moves back up here he will be living in NC or ATL, because he has some connections for getting a viable job and going to school down there. It should be interesting to see what happens.

In the meantime, of course, I have met a few other guys, what else is new? Sometimes, I think I'm a guy magnet.I guess it's my outgoing personality or my charm and amazing sense of humor...hmmmmm...

I met a handsome, debonair guy (48), divorced, who has been pursuing me since I met him about a month ago at a networking event. We're supposed to have lunch tomorrow. Althouhg he's a very handsome and smart guy, he's a little bit controlling and demanding which I find to be a complete turnoff. I don't anticipate that this guy will be in the picture for long.

I also met another guy “X” who is a 34 year old successful business man and real estate investor. I actually met him several weeks ago through a friend and we finally went out on a few dates last week. Early last week, we met up for drinks at Scopello (Italian restaurant in Brooklyn) and had dinner at Luz (Spanish restaurant in Brooklyn) and had a really great time. He was a perfect gentleman and made sure that I for home safely afterwards. He's single and lives right here in good ‘ol Brooklyn!! He's a good looking, smart guy who is also a workaholic (that isn't good) but I think he will be a good friend to have around. Then on Friday night, we went out for drinks at a neighborhood bar and had a wonderful time. I like this guy but not as much as Jay because I don’t think that he has a lot of free time for me. He also doesn't like to make phone calls or talk on the phone too much. He also doesn't like to schedule things too far in advance, which of course is a pet peeve of mine since I love planning and scheduling. So, we’ll see....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home