Monday, August 28, 2006

Hanging out in Harlem....

It’s been a while!! I know you all have missed me but I have been busy networking and socializing while I build my business. It’s amazing how social and business networking can become intertwined very easily. It’s sometimes hard to post on a regular basis however I think about blogging all the time even if it doesn’t actually happen.

Last night I went to a fundraising event for Hurricane Katrina victims in Harlem entitled “Wade in the Water” at the National Black Theatre. The evening performance also included a pre-performance reception and program. Danny Glover was in attendance (and the guest of honor). He appeared to be tired (he was asleep in the front row) and/or drunk (he was staggering when he left the theatre during intermission) I’m always amazed at how much credence we give these celebrities, A-list, B-list, or D-list!! Give me a break!

There were a lot of politicians, business leaders, people in the arts, and just everyday people out to support a good cause. I noticed an older gentleman who I thought was extremely handsome, about 50ish, in great shape, and from Grenada. I thought he might be flying solo...divorced...widowed...or something along those lines. He chatted with me on several occasions, specifically seeking me out and during the intermission he brought me water when he felt like I might be parched. I was thinking wow what a perfect gentleman. I could consider dating a handsome, debonair older man. Then he happened to introduce me to his niece, who during the course of our conversation, mentioned that she came with her aunt and uncle, which means that he’s married!!! HUH!! That is really disgusting that he was hitting on me while his wife was at the event with him. Again, I say, what is the point of getting married if you’re still going to stray? Are human beings actually capable of sustaining a monogamous relationship?? HMMMMMMM

I also met another gorgeous young man, who appeared to be single but I will have to do a little more research into that thought he came by himself. He travels overseas a lot, which is right up my alley. I think he’s a consultant for some American based company. We’ll see about that….

Overall, this was a great event, with good food, wine and company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home