Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Just some thoughts....

So, it seems a lot of people got fired up about my feelings about dating black men and I felt inspired to respond in general to some of the feedback. While I am an equal opportunity dater, the reality is not as easy as shopping at a different grocery store and then I will meet White, Asian or Hispanic men. It's just not that simple. Trust me, I frequent all types of establishments in Manhattan and Brooklyn and meet all sorts of people but they don't necessary strike my fancy! Dating is truly a challenge and it's even harder when you're driven, focused and not willing to settle for any old BS. So, though it isn't my sole focus, it does provide great material for this blog. Not to mention, I actually enjoy going out on dates, though I wish I had some more promising options!!

Last night I went to Gracie Mansion for the kick off of the West Indian Day Parade (which is held every Labor Day weekend). The event had good food, drinks and plenty of good looking guys but everyone was standing around profiling and posturing so I didn't really meet anyone. I just enjoyed the eye candy!! Then, I ended up at the NY Liberty game, because I was given a free ticket, and I knew I definitely wasn't going to meet anyone there. All in all, it was a pretty low key night from a dating standpoint. Hopefully, the rest of the week will be a little more productive for me.

Tomorrow night, I will be attending my friend's Short Film Collective, in Brooklyn. You can check out the lineup at http://www.actnowproduction.org/htmfiles/anf.htm and feel free to stop by if you're in the area. So we'll see how that goes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home