Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dating a musician...or not...

Well I might a guy a few weeks ago – he's a musician. I went out with him a few times over the past week or so and he seemed like a nice enough guy but the main drawback is that he's only 5'2", which I don't find very appealing!! He has a pleasant personality, well traveled and smart. I initially chatted with him because he wanted me to listen him perform with his band but I couldn't stay to hear him play. Anyway, the other night I decided to test my culinary skills on him so I made salmon w/ a glaze that I found online along with peas & rice and callalloo. He enjoyed the meal and we sat around and chatted for awhile then I kicked him out when I was ready to go to sleep. I started to analyze the entire situation and ponder the concept of being single vs. dating someone.

Ultimately I am realizing that although I would like to date someone seriously (and eventually have a relationship), I truly enjoy my independence and solitude, even if it gets lonely at times. I don't like having someone completely doting on me and wanting me to touch them, kiss them, and be attentive to them constantly. That is such a turn off....unless I'm REALLY into the person. I don't really like getting too touchy feely but at the same time, it doesn't mean that I'm not into the person. It just means that I have a different way of expressing myself when it comes to love and affection.

This is truly an interesting dilemma. Maybe I need to take a little hiatus from this whole dating thing because it’s truly exhausting and takes up a lot of energy!!
I'll keep you posted............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home