Monday, October 02, 2006

Handsome Brooklynite takes me out for drinks.....

I’m really excited because I had a really wonderful date with this guy last night; let’s call him “Leo.” I met him several weeks ago while I was having dinner @ Scopello Restaurant in Brooklyn with a few friends. The night I met him we all ended up hanging out at another spot in Brooklyn after dinner and had a blast. He was a perfect gentleman with a very pleasant personality and an ability to take charge of a situation without being overbearing and an asshole. Unfortunately, I only had a few conversations with him over the past several weeks since we met but it amounted to nothing because he had a busy schedule. He’s allegedly single...I’m always a little suspect when I meet guys and they claim that they’re single. I think that most guys have someone in their corner that they’re seeing or that they can call in a pinch. I’m not really holding my breath but I definitely enjoy hanging out with him!

Anyway, last night I was home watching “Desperate Housewives” (ok, I still don’t know what all the hype is about but I think the show has some laughable moments) when Leo called to ask me if I wanted to join him for a drink. Now, I know that sometimes “last minute invitations are for fools” but in this case I thought I would be spontaneous and go out with him. I was REALLY excited to hear from him and very eager to see him. I had to rush and shower and get dressed since I had spent most of the day lounging around the house. Anyone who knows me knows that Sunday afternoons and evenings are when I prepare myself mentally for the work week ahead. He was in the vicinity so he showed up within 15 min. We proceeded to hang out at a spot called Black Betty in Williamsburg where they had amazing mojitos and they were playing Brazilian music. It was my 1st time there and I had a really good time!! (I would definitely recommend this spot to my friends) We talked and flirted and laughed and I realized that I’m actually attracted to this 36 yr old guy, who’s been married twice and has a 4 year old son. I even danced for a little while as he watched and enjoyed the fact that I was the best dancer in the spot. I really like his energy and I feel like I can totally be myself around him which is completely refreshing. At some point, we talked about the fact that what may be holding be back in terms of relationships is an emptiness/fear that I might be feeling because I don’t know my birth parents. I definitely know that this is an issue that I should probably deal since it will give me a sense of closure in terms of my identity and heritage. Additionally, there are some aspects of a daddy complex that I might have – I’m not so sure about that one, though I know I enjoy dealing with older men in terms of stability even if younger guys (or guys my age) are attracted to me. We also talked candidly about the importance of surrounding yourself with people who have positive energy if not they will suck all of your energy from you. I think that is definitely true – it’s important to feel like the people who surround you are supportive and will help make you a better person. Oh, and he called me a lioness – which I think is a great way to describe me!! I like being myself around someone and having them embrace it. I have to say I’m feeling this guy. I’m attracted to him and I like his energy. I feel liberated and excited. I also get that rare feeling that when I’m around him, there’s no one else in the room. Like I said before, he’s a perfect gentleman and very attentive and courteous which I like a lot. However, I don’t want to get too carried away until I experience hanging out with him a few times to see if he’s being sincere! My track record has shown that for the 1st few weeks or the initial month, it’s truly a honeymoon period and then the person’s true colors or my true colors come to the surface. He claims that he wants to take his time getting to know me, which of course drives me up the wall since I have that only child syndrome w/ no patience!! I will chill and see what happens down the road since I think that we have good conversation, good chemistry and a strong connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home