Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just got back from Syracuse...

I just got back from my friend’s law school graduation in Syracuse over the weekend and I had a great time. It’s amazing the lack of black men that are seeking higher education. There was ONE black guy graduating out of 200+ law school graduates!! Amazing! So, ladies if you’re looking for that SBM, w/o kids, educated, etc.... GOOD LUCK finding him! I know there are a few of them out there but they are not easy to find!!

I didn’t meet any exciting men up there (nor did I expect to meet anyone - after all it’s Syracuse!!) Although, I saw this fine brotha on the flight back to NY!!
He was hot, sexy and clearly works out at the gym. I didn’t even say anything to him…I was definitely not in flirt mode. After all, I had to get up at 4AM to catch a 6AM flight so you know I was barely coherent, just alert enough to make sure I got through the security checkpoint (that was a 20 minute wait) and get on the correct flight.

Then, yesterday afternoon, back in NY, I had a very interesting conversation with my co-worker (gold tooth guy) and he mentioned that he was intrigued by my intellect and he mentioned that "I'm marriage material" and any guy would be honored to marry me. Wow that’s so nice to know that there are guys who are fawning over me, albeit not my type. He mentioned that I need a guy like him who is down to earth, and can flow in any type of situation, but at the same time someone that I can't walk all over. Then I mentioned that there was a dichotomy in our worlds and he gave me a puzzled look! Ok, so he was unsure of the meaning of that word, and I proceeded to give him the definition. So, I ask you is it important to meet a man who is smart (not necessarily an uber-intellectual) or for you to think that you can actually meet someone that you will have to "teach"? Personally, I’m not in that market, at this point in my life, to teach someone an expanded American English vocabulary. Anyway, he mentioned that he likes to have intellectual conversations and occasionally hangs out with his son. He mentioned that he’s a good guy, who practices safe sex and doesn’t really hang out a lot. Then out of the blue he tells me, “What if I told you that I got married over the weekend?” I laughed!! I said “Yeah right!!” Well, it turns out that he got married to the mother of his 4 year old child over the weekend, at his apt. with only his close family and friends…..which leads me to my next thought - Is it appropriate to flirt shamelessly with someone of the opposite sex when you know that you are not actively in the dating market? I know I don’t think that’s too cool but I guess men (and women) do it all the time! It turns out that he is in love with his wife but doesn’t love her...not sure what that means...and I guess just because he’s married doesn’t mean he’s blind. He also said that he has up to 1 year to get the marriage annulled. What a comforting thought! That really makes me want to run to the altar and get married, how about you?

Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home